Blog Archive

Thursday 12 January 2017







I retextured the dress. Rather than using the cloth making tool in maya, I recommended my original painting by placing a cloth material in photoshop over my black and white painting bump map. I found this somewhat successful. I believe perhaps I should bring the blacks and whites to more contrast on the original bump painting so more detail is cast onto the model.

I created my turnaround for the character export, as well as resized her to real life size in order to create a realistic interpretation of the lighting.

I used graph editor after creating my animation based on a 360 turn. I used 359 frames so there is no jerking movement from the last frame from 359 back to the 0 / 360 turn. The graph editor allows the speed of the movement to be completely even rather than the have a fast introduction into a slow pace.

Almond is approximately 5 foot tall so I used a calculator to work out that I would need 6.8 times the original size to get her that height. I used the channel box to edit the scale x, y, and z to 6.8


No comments:

Post a Comment