Blog Archive

Friday 7 October 2016

Week 2 Character Design - Yarn Bomber


I created this piece as a character design for 3D modelling, I decided to make a sheep girl as a yarn bomber, due to the connection between sheep and the wool produced for the act of yarn bombing - which involves covering buildings in knitted wool. A town where I live has a resident yarn bomber who frequently covers the town in colourful and expressive knitted art, I used this in part as inspiration for my piece. I used light, pastel tones on her character design to evoke a sense of peace and creativity, as the act of yarn bombing is a creative art. During character creation, the amount of hair she has may take time to model, and the horns and shirt design will be an additional challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment