Blog Archive

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Bag 2 (Bag 1-10)
















Bag 2 has been far more successful from an aesthetic point of view. I created the lid to the bag by extruding the back side of the bag along a curve. There are some issues in some smoothing at the bottom of the bag.

I had enormous issues in getting rid of triangles in this work piece. I am unsure how I got them there in the first place, but I realise now that this can be avoided by a better workflow and by saving incrementally so I can go back. I did discover how to get rid of triangles. A few of my methods include deleting the face with the triangle inside and merging the open vertices together. If there is more than one triangle, it is possible to move them together and to delete the edge which seperates the two to create a quad face. 

I am extremely pleased with the beads and string in this piece and feel this gives the bag far more personality than the first piece I created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment